Sunday, May 4, 2014

Marantz PMD 430



My most marvelous JoJo gave me the world's best early
Birthday present---well for me anyway. 
A totally mint, in the box, 1989, Marantz PMD430
professional, stereo, portable cassette recorder.


You're probably 
making the UH? noise right now.


The Marantz PMD 430 is considered one of the best
3 head, portable stereo recorders that was ever made.
Used by news agencies for in the field recording and 
a massive favorite of illegal tapers at concerts
The Marantz PMD 430 records and plays at a standard that the worlds
best, most expensive, full size system cassette decks are held to.
My wondrous birthday present is in as perfect condition as if
my JoJo somehow traveled back in time and bought it new.
It plays and records perfectly.
Plugged into the Aux port on my Bose Wave radio
the result is million dollar stereo sound with a minimum of components. 


Not only does my Marantz function at an outstanding level, which is so rare for a piece of vintage recording equipment, there is not a mark on it, no visible signs of use at all 
The recorder was in the original box-with all accessories such as protective case,
Ac adapter, shoulder strap and the Marantz strap pouch for 
microphones, cables etc. 


I am beside myself.
You really have to be a tapehead to understand what a 
 find this machine is in this condition and what a truly amazing birthday present
I received.
Am I a lucky Geek with a great wife or what?

"Life is really simple,
we insist on making it complicated."
Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment