Sunday, February 2, 2014

Are we there yet?



I have been focused on my guitar playing.

I am working on jazz style soloing.
Standards.
Calming nice stuff.

I've been working on my equipment.
I've temporarily installed an electronic pickup
on my D'Aquistino arch top..
before and after photo's below-----





I have rebuilt my amplification system...
before and after below------




I am also working on a small pedal board
with just the limited effects needed to get that
late 1950's cool jazz guitar sound.
I am enjoying practicing and am hoping that perhaps
when retired i might pickup the odd solo gig.
I'm not counting on it but the concept gives me 
something to think on, practice towards and maybe accomplish
when retired---who knows?
I am also testing an Eastman arch top that a local player
wants to sell me?


It is a wonderful guitar and I do enjoy playing it but yet---?
I haven't really come to a decision about it?





We watched the Lone Ranger on DVD.
I liked it.
I can't understand why it got panned so badly by
all the Internet reviews.
I thought Johnny Depp did a great job.




Sort of a William Gibson style novel about a hit man in the near
future.




Back to work this last week.
I am doing better about working since retirement may loom
on the horizon. 
Still no news on that front however---
unable to make a decision due to lack of information
that is suppose to be in route.



So I merely wait--------




"I'm always a struggling guitar player..."
me


No comments:

Post a Comment